Dog Handler Job Expectations
Dog Handler is responsible for improving Customer Service, Capacity, Quality, Cost and
Safety in their area, using our values to continuously improve all the processes. The
responsibilities of the Dog Handler are:
- Understands dog behavior, bite prevention, handling skills, and breaking up dog fights.
- Monitor group play of both small and large dogs.
- Knows how to work the yard, correcting dogs and safely break up dog fights.
- The ability to act quickly by observing dog behavior changes and breakup unsuitable play.
- Cleaning up after dogs and following all cleaning rules, policies and procedures for dog safety.
- Cleaning lodging suits and crates daily using correct cleaning procedures.
- Feeding, medicating, bathing and nail trims for both large and small breeds.
- Playing with dogs that may need special attention.
- Must be able to comply with regular drug testing.
- Attends company and department meetings as required.
- Is committed to the Dogtown Operating System. (Company Values, Standard Work, Team Work and making Improvements, etc.)
- Is committed to helping Dogtown meet customer needs. (Works when and where as requested.)
- Volunteers for, accepts & completes assignments. Is self-motivated and drives change.
- Gives and accepts feedback professionally. (Nice approach and uses tact) Listens well.
- Has a good, positive attitude. Easy to approach. Develops trust with others.
- Handles work problems professionally. (Does not take problems personally).
- Has good problem-solving skills. Shares knowledge & ideas. Suggests solutions. Does not blame.
- Develops good relationships with team members and clients. Treats people as people (Respect, communication skills, trust).
- Practices all company Environmental / Security / Safety requirements.
- Rarely misses work except if absence is covered and scheduled.
- Ready to start work on-time. Returns from breaks/lunch on time.
- Can be counted on to help the team and company meet their goals.
- Learning new things. Is on schedule to complete development/ improvement plan.
- Participates in personal and group goal setting.
Dog Handler skill requirements:
• Personal Skills — Some of the skills include:
➢ High School Diploma, or equivalent work experience required. Veterinary assistant
experience or dog training is a PLUS.
➢ Ability to multi-task with good organizational skills.
➢ Good analytical skills and computer skills.
➢ Willingness to learn continuously and improve their skills.
• Team/People skills – Some of the skills include:
➢ Interpersonal skills for understanding the group process and meeting skills
➢ How to work in a team and resolve conflicts.
➢ How to give and receive effective feedback.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work
performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of
this job. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all
requirements or responsibilities that may be required by team member / employees in this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
This job description does not imply or cannot be considered as part of an employment contract.
LP4 Dogtown Kennels, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.