The Groomer is responsible for improving Customer Service, Capacity, Quality, Cost and Safety in their area, using our values to continuously improve all the processes. The responsibilities of the Grooming are:
- De-matting and de-tangling hair as required.
- Bathing, conditioning, and drying pets.
- Trimming pets’ nails, brushing their teeth, and cleaning their ears.
- Grooming and styling pets according to pet owners’ instructions or standard grooming styles.
- Accommodating special requests that pet owners may have.
- Identifying health issues in pets, such as ear infections, skin conditions, or tooth decay, and informing pet owners of these observations.
- Ensuring that all pets are safe during the grooming process.
- Intake dogs by following company procedures and standard work.
- Maintains and operates telecommunications systems (computer, phone, Gingr, etc.).
- Informs visitors by answering or referring inquiries and proactive listener to upsell continuing needs of pets and guest.
- Keeps a safe and clean grooming area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Sweeping, moping, and cleaning counters.
- Supports continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Friendliness while greeting and working with customers and staff.
- Customer service skills that are calming to create a spa like atmosphere
- Understands dog behavior, bite prevention, handling skills, and breaking up dog fights
- The ability to act and quickly observe dog behavior changes
- Follow all cleaning rules and other policy and procedures for dog safety
- Must be able to comply with regular drug testing
- Attends company and department meetings as required
- Is committed to the Dogtown Operating System. (Company Values, Standard Work, Team Work, Making Improvements, etc.)
- Is committed to helping Dogtown meet customer needs. (Works when and where as requested.)
- Is self-motivated and drives change.
- Gives and accepts feedback professionally. (Nice approach uses tact) Listens well.
- Participates in bi-weekly Coaching sessions with management
- Has a good, positive attitude. Easy to approach. Develops trust.
- Handles work problems professionally. (Does not take problems personally)
- Has good problem-solving skills. Shares knowledge & ideas. Suggests solutions. Does not blame.
- Develops good relationships with team members and clients. Treats people as people. (Respect, communication skills, trust)
- Practices all company Environmental / Security / Safety requirements.
- Rarely misses work except if absence is covered and scheduled. Ready to start work on-time. Returns from breaks/lunch on time.
- Can be counted on to help the team and company meet their goals.
- Learning new things. Is on schedule to complete development/ improvement plan.
- Participates in personal and group goal setting.
Grooming skill requirements:
• Personal Skills — Some of the skills include:
➢ High School Diploma, or equivalent work experience required.
➢ Grooming Certification required or 5-10 years of grooming experience
➢ Able to groom to standard breed cuts.
➢ Able to groom to customers requested grooms if possible.
➢ Able to meet deadlines for grooms
➢ Ability to stand for long periods of time.
➢ The ability to lift heavy pets and equipment.
➢ Ability to multi-task with good organizational skills
➢ Willingness to learn continuously and improve their skills
• Team/People skills – Some of the skills include:
➢ Interpersonal skills for understanding the group process and meeting skills
➢ How to work in a team and resolve conflicts
➢ How to give and receive effective feedback.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work
performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of
this job. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all
requirements or responsibilities that may be required by team member / employees in this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
This job description does not imply or cannot be considered as part of an employment contract.
LP4 Dogtown Kennels, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.