The Site Supervisor is responsible for improving Customer Service, Capacity, Quality, Cost and Safety in their site, and using our values to continuously improve all the processes. The responsibilities of the Site Supervisor are:
- Leads, coaches, and manages all Team Members (Dog Handlers and Front Office Receptionists).
- Develops effective team member scheduling to meet company budgets.
- Develops outstanding customer service skills for all Team Members and leaders.
- Understands and can work all positions including but not limited to Dog handlers, front desk, assisting training, and assisting groomer
- Goes into the yard randomly to check on staff, and schedules continuing education of all team members as needed
- Develops standard work documents for all processes as required.
- Works in the yard and does other tasks as requested
- Schedules and conducts site and department meetings with the General Manager as required
- Is committed to the Dogtown Operating System. (Company Values, Standard Work, Improvements, etc.)
- Is committed to helping Dogtown meet customer needs. (Works when, where and as requested.)
- Understands dog behavior, bite prevention, handling skills, and breaking up dog fights and is responsible that all staff has continuing education.
- Volunteers for, accepts & completes assignments. Is self-motivated and drives change.
- Conducts continued education for all team members either individually or as a group
- Gives and accepts feedback professionally. (Nice approach uses tact) Listens well.
- Has a good, positive attitude. Easy to approach. Develops trust with others.
- Handles work problems professionally. (Does not take problems personally)
- Has great problem-solving skills. Shares knowledge & ideas. Suggests solutions. Does not blame.
- Develops good relationships with team members and clients. Treats people as people. (Respect, communication skills, trust)
- Leads and practices all company Environmental / Security / Safety requirements.
- Rarely misses work except if absence is covered and scheduled. Ready and on time. Returns from breaks/lunch on time.
- Can be counted on to help the site and company meet their goals.
- Learning new things. Is on schedule to complete development/ improvement plan.
- Achieves Strategy Deployment objectives. Meets budget requirements, etc.
- Develops personal and group goals for the site with Manager as needed.
Site Supervisor’ skill requirements:
- Personal Skills — Some of the skills include:
- Bachelor’s degree, in related field, or equivalent work experience required.
- Ability to multi-task with good organizational skills
- Good analytical skills and computer skills.
- Willingness to learn continuously and improve their skills
- Passionate about dogs and leading people.
- Has effective Management / Leadership Skills
- Team/People skills – Some of the skills include:
- How to build effective teams through effective coaching, conflict resolution and giving effective feedback.
- How to effectively coach others and is coachable
- Interpersonal skills for understanding the group process and meeting skills
- Interpersonal skills for understanding: group process, meeting skills,
- Technical skills – Understanding of the technical aspects of the job. Some of the skills include:
- How to effectively use and run all company software: Gingr, Deputy, Microsoft Office 365, etc.
- Understands how proper dog training skills are taught
- Develop understanding of, and gain experience in:
- Dog behavior
- Bite prevention
- Leash handling
- Dog first aid and CPR.
- How to develop an effective dog and people safety program.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this job. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by team member / employees in this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description does not imply or cannot be considered as part of an employment contract. LP4 Dogtown Pet Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.